On Tuesday, May 30th, the students and faculty of Brock Elementary did something that no one had ever done before… until now! They participated in the largest BreakoutEDU experience hosted since the inception of the innovative and new educational concept. Huge shout out to Patti Harju who shared her all school Breakout experience so that Burleson ISD could build this one. Additional thank you to the Learning Technologies department without whose help this wouldn’t have been possible!
BreakoutEDU is the immersive learning games platform. The BreakoutEDU kit allows for the facilitation of games where players use teamwork and critical thinking to solve a series of challenging puzzles in order to open the locked box. Games are available for all ages and content areas.
Some things we learned in hosting the largest Breakout experience ever:
- Make sure you field test the experience with the amazing teachers who are going through it. It will save their hair (and your own) from turning grey!
- Tell everyone multiple times to leave their Breakout box in their headquarters. It’s awfully heavy to carry around and stuff can get lost (although nothing did)!
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!
- Tell, tell, tell!
- Remember that it is ALL ABOUT FUN and COLLABORATION. Frustration will happen but it’s meant to be a good experience.
Want to know how to do it? Check out the files linked here.
Latest posts by Lindsay Foster (see all)
- From Primer to Promise (ESC Region 11) Conference Quick Recap - April 18, 2018
- Google Slides Prefixes and Suffixes Activity - April 10, 2018
- Tech Tidbit: Interactive Poll Option - April 9, 2018