The Discovery Educator Network (DEN) Ambassador Program fosters teacher leadership, builds capacity, and grows community by empowering educators to share their learning with their peers. The program materials support the integration of digital media and technology into the teaching practice and provide a platform for emerging leaders to collaborate.
Recently Burleson ISD completed its first DEN Ambassador cohort. Fourteen BISD educators participated. Part of the program encourages educators who participate to become DEN STAR educators. DEN STARs share what they know, teach it to other educators, assist fellow educators in finding resources and report activities that connect educators to their most valuable resource – each other; these educators reach out to increase their PLN and PLC influence and commit to doing this.
If you know these BISD educators, congratulate them on taking the next step to sharing their learning and committing to connecting with others:
- Alexis Wood * – Kerr Middle School
- Ashley Loyd – Brock Elementary
- Crystal Alford – Hajek Elementary
- Erin Wright * – Stribling Elementary; Frazier Elementary
- John Rohde – STEAM Middle School
- Kristen Tousley – Centennial High School
- Lana Sather * – Kerr Middle School; The REALM
- Louise Morgan * – STEAM Middle School
- Marla Henry – Brock Elementary
- Melissa Kubisch * – Brock Elementary
- Sarah Blan – Brock Elementary
- Suzanne Robinson * – Burleson High School
- Wendy Massey – Bransom Elementary
- Yvonne Hensley * – Secondary ELAR Curriculum Coordinator
*DEN STAR Educator
Here’s a quote from new DEN STAR, Lana Sather, on the impact of using Discovery Education services in her instruction and how that impacted her T-TESS:
Every student and every educator in BISD has a subscription to Discovery Education and the myriad of resources and digital media available. Contact your LT (or a DEN Ambassador listed above) if you haven’t created your account, need help with your password, or need to learn more about how to use this valuable resource in your classroom instruction.
Latest posts by Lindsay Foster (see all)
- From Primer to Promise (ESC Region 11) Conference Quick Recap - April 18, 2018
- Google Slides Prefixes and Suffixes Activity - April 10, 2018
- Tech Tidbit: Interactive Poll Option - April 9, 2018