The saying goes that a picture says 1000 words. With social media services like Instagram, Tumblr, and SnapChat and their entrance into nearly every aspect of our lives, images have become one of the main ways that students communicate, create and collaborate with their peers.
A meme is a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users. Some teachers have used them around our district to remind students of rules, procedures and expectations, but have you considered using these digital media tools for instruction? Here are some ideas on how to integrate memes into your lesson activities.
- Discovery Education Spotlight On Strategies (SOS): LOL
- Using Internet Memes to Connect With Your Class
- Five Ways to Use Memes to Connect With Students
- Five Ways to Use Memes With Students
Latest posts by Lindsay Foster (see all)
- March Madness Challenge: Sweet Sixteen Classroom Integration Ideas - February 23, 2018
- Listen Up! Discovery Education Audiobooks - February 23, 2018
- Updates to a Favorite Tool: Padlet - February 22, 2018