Have you downloaded every Chrome App or Extension your friends have mentioned and your menu bar is overflowing? Here’s how to remove a Chrome App or Extension in a few easy steps.
Removing a Chrome app
- In Chrome, open a new tab. In the address bar, type in chrome://apps. (Note: If you are on a Chromebook, this will not work. Click here for Chromebook directions.)
- Right-click on the app you’d like to remove, and select Remove from Chrome.
Removing a Chrome extension
- In Chrome, click on the three dots in the upper-right hand corner to open the Chrome menu.
- Click on Settings > Extensions.
- If you’d like to disable an extension but leave it installed, uncheck the Enabled box.
- If you’d like to completely uninstall the extension, click on the trash icon.
Latest posts by Teresa Sumrall (see all)
- CheckMark v1.0 - February 27, 2018
- The New 2016 ISTE Standards for Students: Digital Citizen - March 20, 2017
- STEAM @Stribling - March 10, 2017
How to Uninstall Chrome Apps and Extensions