Lindsay Foster, a Learning Technologies Coach in Burleson ISD, was recently recognized with a coveted DENny Award by the Discovery Educator
Network (DEN) for her efforts to grow their professional learning community. A global community of education professionals supported by Discovery Education, the Discovery Educator
Network (DEN) connects members across school systems and around the world through social media, virtual conferences, and in-person events, fostering valuable networking, idea
sharing, and inspiration.
Lindsay Foster was recognized with a DENny in the R.J. Stangherlin Award in the social media category.
“Lindsay’s DENny Award demonstrates her outstanding leadership and commitment to helping their fellow educator use the latest technologies and innovative teaching strategies and
techniques to improve student achievement,” said Lance Rougeux, vice president of learning communities and innovation for Discovery Education. “Her’s participation in the DEN will help
increase student engagement across Burleson ISD, and support their district’s effort to prepare all learners with the critical skills they need to succeed beyond the classroom.”
Established in 2009, the annual DENny Awards recognize Discovery Educators who have contributed to the growth of community through teaching or leading.
“I am truly honored to receive this recognition,” said Lindsay Foster. “Helping educators improve their professional practice both in our district and around the world through the DEN is
incredibly important to me, and this award acknowledges my efforts to assist educators in our district and beyond to learn, share and connect with their greatest resource – each other.”
2018’s award categories included:
- Expertise–This award recognizes educators who have contributed to the success of local, national, or global Discovery Education communities through sharing their deep or unique
expertise and skills with others.
- Creativity–This award celebrates educators who demonstrate engaging and inventive approaches to teaching, learning, or leading.
- Leadership–This award honors educators who model and support the overall mission of the DEN in leading opportunities for others to learn, share, and connect.
- Involvement–This award is dedicated to educators who initiated or actively engaged in activity that significantly contributed to the sense of community.
- Rising Star–This award is for educators who are new to the Discovery Educator Network and have demonstrated leadership in sharing resources with others.
- Community Collaborator–This award recognizes educators who are actively sharing and connecting with others in the DEN Online Community.