How do you like your sentences? I like mine scrambled… sometimes anyway. Scrambling sentences can be a great strategy for all students, but in particular English Language Learners (ELL), as a way to build comprehension. Most teachers, at some point in their teaching, have helped their students learn the important skill of sequencing. From class schedules to steps of the scientific process to revising and editing in the writing process, incorporating and modeling sequencing helps students learn to organize information. With the upcoming STAAR and EOC, why not try these tools and this strategy as a way of preparing students?
- Larry Ferlazzo’s Best Sites for Creating Sentence Scrambles
- Discovery Education Scrambled Please #SpotlightOnStrategies
Every educator and student in Burleson ISD has a Discovery Education account. For more information on Discovery Education, your Discovery Education account (and your students’ accounts) and how to log in, please contact Lindsay Foster or your campus LT.
Latest posts by Lindsay Foster (see all)
- BISDLearnTech Resource Templates *NEW* - November 28, 2018
- Discovery Education Activity For the Holiday Season - November 27, 2018
- TCEA Hosts Virtual Live Chat with Santa - November 27, 2018