Check out the newest addition to the BISDLearnTech.com resource database. Looking for an interactive way to help students understand the basic differences and similarities in physical and human geography? Look no more! Check out this template including a short video clip from Discovery Education (Note: This is proprietary so those outside Burleson ISD may have to substitute another video segment in its place.) Students can create an info-slide on an example of physical geography and of human geography. One extension is that the class could publish an e-book with their slides. Another extension would be to have the students record their two slides in Screencastify and make a short informational video. These could be uploaded to a Flipgrid where students could then share and comment on one another’s research. Not sure how to use these tools or need a model lesson for you and your students? Contact the Learning Technologies coaching team via bisd.incidentiq.com (New Ticket > Other Requests > Learning Technologies > Technical Help or LT Teaching Help)
If you don’t know how to copy slides from one slide deck into another, here’s a quick how-to.
To insert a slide from another presentation:
- Open a presentation, and choose View – Normal.
- Choose Insert – File.
- Locate the presentation file containing the slide that you want to insert, and click Insert.
- Click the plus sign next to the icon for the presentation file, and then select the slide(s) that you want to insert.
- Click OK.
To copy and paste slides between presentations:
- Open the presentations that you want to copy and paste between.
- In the presentation containing the slide(s) that you want to copy, choose View – Slide Sorter.
- Select the slide(s), and then choose Edit – Copy.
- Change to the presentation where you want to paste the slide(s), and then choose View – Normal.
- Select the slide that you want the copied slide to follow, and then choose Edit – Paste.
- In Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides, open a file.
- At the top, click File Publish to the web.
- Choose a publishing option:
- Spreadsheet: Publish the entire spreadsheet or individual sheets. You can also choose a publishing format.
- Presentation: Choose how quickly to advance the slides.
- Click Publish.
- Copy the URL and send it to anyone you’d like to see the file. Or, embed it into your website.
Note: When you publish a chart to the web, people can see the data used to create it. Be careful when publishing a chart with private or sensitive info.